May 20 Update
Glamour Pets is currently offering full grooming services.
As a consequence of Covid-19 our interactions with you will be a little bit different. Here is what has changed:
- Please meet us outside your front door. We will not be entering houses or apartment buildings.
- We will be wearing masks when we arrive at your door. We suggest customers wear a mask also.
- Please remove all collars, leashes, harnesses, and accessories. We will use our own leashes and products only. Sorry no tooth brushing service.
- Please don’t knock at the van door. To maintain physical distance, we are unable to answer. Use the website contact page to contact us.
While knowledge about Covid-19 seems to increase every day, the risk to our canine and feline family members appears to be low. As of May 9, The American Veterinary Medical association was reporting 5 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in pets worldwide. By contrast, 4 million cases were being reported in humans. Although these 5 cases were heavily publicized in the media, they appear to be rare occurrences. The AVMA also reports that there appears to be no evidence that domestic animals can spread Covid-19 to humans.
To keep our pets safe, we are doing our best to keep work areas and tools sanitized and disinfected. Hand washing and hand sanitizers are used frequently throughout the day. These steps should help to reduce the spread of many possible pathogens, including the Covid-19 virus.
A key concern regarding Covid-19 is keeping our team members safe. If anyone in any of the following is true, we ask that you postpone your appointment:
- A member of your household is experiencing Covid 19 symptoms
- Anyone in your household is under quarantine
- Anyone in your household has traveled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days
Be healthy and stay safe. We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
Derek and Team
American Veterinary Medical Association, May 15 Update: